Bringing Good Music to Good People
- It's Martini Time - Rev. Horton Heat
I Like Beer - Tom T. Hall
Pick it Up - Grasshopper Takeover
- All Hands on the Bad One - Sleater-Kinney
Orson Wells Peas - The Critic
(alliwannadois) Fuck Your Hair - Judybats
What Would Brian Boitano Do - South Park
Cradle and All - Ani DiFranco
Being in Love - Meryn Cadell
Working Class Hero - John Lennon
What's the Use of Getting Sober - Joe Jackson
Boyz in the Hood - Dynamite Hack
Spin the Bottle - Juliana Hatfield
Ass Clown - Office Space
I Believe - R.E.M.
On the Ropes - Wonder Stuff
Territories - Rush
Standing in the Rain - Husker Du
Shut Your Cakehole - SNL
Block Rockin Beats - Chemical Brothers
Blues for Godzilla - Bellrays
Anarchy in the UK - Sex Pistols
Up My Ass - King Missile
Hash Pipe - Weezer
Lyrics: html format or Word document
Commentary on the song selections
- You just can't miss when you call up the Reverend. And what better title song for our team.
- There once was a time that country was worth listening to...and it's songs like Tom T. Hall's classic that made it that way. Don't forget that there's nothing wrong with a beer chasing a martini.
- A great band out of Omaha that has toured extensively across the country. They will make you move. Received high praise from Dave A. from Team Evil.
- While most of what comes out as punk these days blows (see Blink 182), these girls know a little about the true ways of the genre.
- Sound clip with "peaness"
- They're a nice little pop band that just have a bit of a fetish.
- Can't get this song out of your head once it plays.
- Heidi recommended Ani because she says "fuck" a lot in her songs. And she's really cool.
- If you can get your hands on the album this came from ("Angel Food for Thought") you will forever be pleased. Very gifted singer/songwriter who also likes to say "fuck." The girls on Team H.A.R.D. enjoyed this song.
- "Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV,
And you think you're so clever and classless and free,
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see,
A working class hero is something to be, "
John is one of Rick's personal heroes
- Joe on jazz...you on the sauce.
- A contribution from Ray that makes gangsta rap fit right in with the music down at the Legion.
- Juliana's voice hypnotizes Rick. She's yet another girl who likes to throw down the f-bomb.
- Sound clip that dares to insult Team Diego's favorite musical artist: Michael Bolton
- Probably the band enjoyed by most of the team. Reason: talent.
- "D'you wanna know what this fight's about?
Commerciality over art can't win out "
- Rush is Rick' favorite band and so you can expect to always find one of their songs on a disc. They outclass and out-talent the remainder of the music field.
- The whole wide world
- An endless universe
- Yet we keep looking through
- The eyeglass in reverse
- Don't feed the people
- But we feed the machines
- Can't really feel
- What international means
- This trio out of Minneapolis was the best punk group of all-time.
- Sound clip of a talent that we'll never get to enjoy again
- Good techno will make you hammer. It also has the tendency to piss off rednecks who think it's one step above rap.
- The pure energy of this studio cut makes you wonder how powerful they are in concert. The album was in short release and the only one on the team with a copy is City Girl.
- Snot nosed little shits Johnny and Sid. No need to say more.
- A poet who like to throw some music in the background. You are never unsatisfied with one of his creations.
- A strong finale provided by Bryan, The Idiot.