The Sophomore Effort
- Liquor, Beer and Wine - Rev. Horton Heat
- I Gotta Get Drunk - Willie Nelson
- (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding - Elvis Costello
- Scooby Doo - Family Guy
- Flower - Liz Phair
- Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge on Seattle - Nirvana
- Self Righteous - All
- That's When I Reach For My Revolver - Moby
- The City Has Sex - Bright Eyes
- Bert And Ernie - Family Guy
- Johnny Are You Queer - Josie Cotton
- Half The World - Rush
- Fuck Her Gently - Tenacious D
- Old Home Filler Up an' Keep On Truckin' Cafe - C.W. McCall
- The Crane - Trip Shakespeare
- Cut Me Off - Gear Daddies
- Kool Thing - Sonic Youth
- In Concert - The Faint
- Pussy - Lords Of Acid
- Head Speech - So I Married an Axe Murderer
- Zero - Smashing Pumpkins
- Rock You - Helix
- Free Beer - Fear
- Souljacker, Part I - Eels
- Sheer Heart Attack - Queen
- Choomba Woombas - Family Guy
- Down on Me - The Hoodoo Gurus
- The Better Half - Grasshopper Takeover
- Woke Up Down - Firewater
Lyrics: html format or Word document
Commentary on the song selections
- There was absolutely no reason to not start off with the Reverend again this year. It does set the mood...and that mood is intoxication with options.
- Once again, the real country artists know what to sing about. Willie would kick Kenny Chesney's pussy ass in a matter of seconds.
- Elvis preaching the words that we are all looking for. Laurie's tres excellent pick.
- Sound clip especially for Velma and the rest of Mystery Machine.
- Really listen to what Liz is singing in this song. You'll think she wrote it about Team Slut.
- Another great band that we'll never get to hear again. Plenty of signs that Kurt was about to off himself.
- A punk ditty directly aimed at whitey.
- If all you think about Moby is what that worthless POS Eminem said, you are missing what the hyperactive little bald dude is putting out. This song is one of Rick's all-time favorites.
- A talented Omaha band that is getting the national recognition that they finally deserve. Already made an appearance on Letterman.
- Sound clip that exposes the real lives on Sesame Street
- New wave - possibly one of the peak times in the history of music. This song was well above the timberline.
- As is well known, Rush is Rick's favorite band. This song was chosen in hopes that maybe the two halves of RAGBRAI can find some common ground.
- A nice place for the comedic genius of Jack Black. This was probably played more often than any other on the B.A.R.T. bus.
- How can you go across Iowa and not want to find one of these cafes? You'll need to go off the official route to find it though.
- A very hip band that you may have missed. Even though they morphed in to Semisonic, the music they put out early on was pure enjoyment.
- The smooth transition from Trip Shakespeare to Gear Daddies was too good to pass up. Note that no pop country will ever be found on our discs. Laurie once again scores on a great submission.
- "I mean, are you gonna liberate us girls from male white corporate oppression?"
- Another Omaha band that is making waves across the country. Look for Gwyneth Paltrow in the audience enjoying this unique blend of neo-new wave and indie rock.
- In 2001, Steve could not stop singing this song after hearing it blaring from Rick's bike. Fun techno that pits pussies against each other.
- Sound clip from what could be Mike Meyers' best movie.
- There were about fifteen Pumpkins' songs considered for this disc. Yes, they are that talented.
- A hair-metal bonus that snuck into Rick's head one night.
- No better way to wash away the metal then with hardcore punk. Plus, Lee Ving has an unlimited fascination with beer.
- This indie band has so many flavors of music that each album they put out will keep you entertained for hours on end.
- Queen is also one of Rick's favorite bands. Another talent that suppressed by death.
- Sound clip that is really mean to the handicapped, but it's done in such a charming way.
- "MTV...go down on me!" These Aussies have put out some party music that make the night that much better.
- Another Omaha band that is making it's second appearance on the TeaMartini Tunes disc. You would have to be in the clutches of the Necromancer to not be dancing to these guys.
- A strong finish by an underrated indie band. As SST used to say: "Stop sucking corporate cock!" Buy indie.